Medical Science Liaison/Associate Medical Manager
Full Job Description
- To establish new, and build upon the existing, professional relationship with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s). The MSL will be responsible for opinion leader development and work cross functionally to develop KOLs. Up to 80% in-field activity as required by business needs.
- Manage all planned medical tactics and studies in accordance with the allocated Medical budget to ensure all milestone are achieved as directed.
- Responsibility for allocated Medical Affairs Projects including, but not limited to; management of IIS projects, Compassionate Access Programs, Patient Familiarisation Programs (PFP), Educational Events and medical review of promotional and educational materials.
- To provide medical-scientific information to Australian HCPs regarding Eisai marketed and pipeline drugs according to legal requirements and Medicine’s Australia Code of Conduct requirement and to proactively gather information on the prescribing habits/treatment pathways of Australian clinicians and share these with the Brand Team(s).
- To develop, maintain and distribute allocated medical information requests for marketed and pipeline products as directed.
- To discuss new research proposals with investigators and liaise with the Senior Medical Manager for review and approval.
- To assist the Senior Medical Manager in the organisation and management of Australian Medical Advisory Board or Medical Roundtable meetings.
- To assist with medical education events which could include but is not limited to supporting a medical stand and handling medical/scientific questions from customers at local congresses.
- To participate and contribute as a Brand Team Member when required.
- To contribute to Medical Plans as aligned to the current Brand Plan as requested by the Senior Medical Manager.
- To participate and contribute as a Brand Team Member as required.
- To train all new internal stakeholders including sales and marketing staff in relevant Disease and Product Knowledge, and maintain a high level of ongoing training as required by the Brand
- Support for remote working effectiveness
- Home Office
- Hot desk within Australian Head Office
Direct reporting to Medical & Market Access Director, Australia
Functional reporting to the Senior Medical Manager for defined roles
Direct interaction with the Brand Directors, National Sales Managers, Key Account Managers, Product Specialists, Regulatory Affairs Manager and Pharmacovigilance Manager, Market Access Department as required
Forge effective working relationships with office based team members including Finance, Business Analyst, Office Manager and Human Resources Business Partner and Compliance Manager as required
- Liaise, support and report to EMEA Medical Affairs Managers, Scientific Advisors, Medical Directors, Medical Information and Clinical Directors as required
Qualifications and education required:
- Bachelor degree in pharmacy, pharmacology or bio-medical sciences and PhD or medical degree
- Demonstration of high performance in scientific communications role.
- Understanding of Medical Affairs function, clinical research principles and Medicines Australia code of Conduct
Candidate Attributes required:
- Oncology Experience
- Hard worker
- High-level of personal integrity
- Self-disciplined, well organised & a sense of urgency
- Strategic & lateral thinker
- High achiever
- Resilient with a positive attitude
- Articulate communicator
- Well-mannered & professional
- Passionate patient advocate
- Agile Learner
- Authentic, pragmatic & mature approach to life in general